AddThis

Wednesday 13 September 2017

Trust your instincts!



TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS
I made an OFFER to someone. I then get a call from his former boss, whom I knew from one of my previous jobs and was friendly with.
He says - “Oleg, the guy you made the offer to is terrible, he screwed everything up here. I was going to fire him.”
I said “thank you” but not only I did not rescind the offer, my opinion of the candidate did not change. Firstly, his prior track record was immaculate except for this alleged screw up. Secondly, people are allowed mistakes, we are all human. It is what we learn from mistakes that matters. Thirdly, I learned to trust my own instincts – this candidate was the real thing. Needless to say, I was right. The employee was stellar, and within a year I promoted him to a technical management position. He is still there, years after I left – appreciated by every manager and colleague. As for that screwing everything up, I learned later it was not his doing at all ! Trust your own instincts ! Here is a shocker if you don’t: https://lnkd.in/dUw9eWA

Culled from linkedin

No comments:

Post a Comment